With our dentist, Simi Valley area patients can work with a professional to discuss the benefits of a brand-new smile! A popular treatment called the smile makeover is available through our Simi Valley dentist, Dr. Harmik Hartounian. For many of our patients, porcelain veneers are often used to achieve the smile of their dreams!
A cosmetic dentist can best describe porcelain veneers as ceramic facings. These facings are fabricated for each patient to match their existing teeth. The facings are bonded into place onto the front of the tooth to disguise imperfections which may include:
- Gaps between teeth
- Permanent staining
- Broken, chipped teeth
- Misaligned teeth
Dr. Harmik Hartounian works with patients to decide if porcelain veneers are right for them. There are several advantages and disadvantages for patients to consider.
- Porcelain veneers only address one tooth at a time. For patients who have a variety of concerns with their smile, veneers may be too expensive and other options may be considered.
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant, which makes them a great alternative to other options such as composite resin bonding.
- Porcelain veneers can last a decade or longer with proper care and attention, so patients can make a wise investment in their smile.
- Porcelain veneers do not keep the teeth free from periodontal disease or cavities. Patients should visit their dentist regularly for x-rays to ensure these issues are not developing underneath the restoration.
- Porcelain veneers are strong, but breakable. Patients with veneers should take great care to avoid chewing any hard objects which could break the veneers, such as ice cubes.
Ready to learn more about porcelain veneers and other cosmetic dentistry solutions?
Simi Valley area patients are welcome to call (805) 579-0600 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Harmik Hartounian to discuss the pros and cons of porcelain veneers and other aesthetic dentistry solutions used to achieve a complete smile makeover. If you are ready to talk with our team, visit us at 4210 East Los Angeles Avenue, Unit F. We are dedicated to providing patients with the treatments they.
Location: 4210 East Los Angeles Ave. Unit F Simi Valley, CA 93063